Written by Sue Cooper
Sunday, 13 February 2011 00:00
An Exciting Professional Development Opportunity
(available to WILTA members only!)
Funding is available to a WILTA member to travel to Bali for a three-week professional development opportunity during January 2012 and work with the Indonesian Australian Language Foundation (IALF) and a local school. Is 2012 your year for the RTV?
WILTA has established the Reciprocal Teacher Visit programme to achieve the following outcomes:
- Provide opportunitiesfor teachers to participate in a teaching role whilst being immersed in the everyday interactions of an Indonesian classroom.
- Provide opportunities for our own student learners of Indonesian to experience the benefits of classroom interaction with a background speaker of the Indonesian language.
- Provide opportunities for professional development both linguistically and socio-culturally.
- Enhance the profile of Languages and WILTA within our schools and the wider community.
- Establish an ongoing relationship with an Indonesian teaching organization.
- Increase international awareness of the education systems within Western Australia.
Here’s what you will do:
- Teach several classes of English at the Indonesia Australia Language Foundation.
- Be attached to a school (primary or secondary-depending on the recipient’s area of expertise) to teach English. WILTA will negotiate the teaching load on your behalf.
- Follow your own plan of professional development, for example, resource development, development of collegiate networks, Indonesian language study or any other form determined in consultation with the selection committee.
- Provide feedback to WILTA in the form of a journal or formal report and a completed evaluation sheet.
- Participate in the management or administration of the WILTA Reciprocal Teacher Visit programme in the following year as well as contributing to the development of a file on the programme.
WILTA will pay for
- Return airfare, departure tax and travel insurance.
- Accommodation: one week in a home stay and two weeks in a hotel chosen by WILTA.
- Weekly expenses allowance of $200. All expenses need to be documented or receipted, with surplus funds being re-allocated to the WILTA account for future Reciprocal Teacher visits.
To be considered for selection, applicants must:
- possess a recognised teaching qualification
- be currently employed in Indonesian language education in Western Australia
- have been a member of WILTA for at least 12 months prior to making the application.
- have a minimum of 12 months’ classroom teaching experience.
How to apply:
Download the application form below, fill it in, and email it to
or post to WILTA, PO Box 50, Leederville, WA 6902. Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 8 July 2011.
- Dates to be determined by the IALF and WILTA. Recipients may extend the visit to Bali (at either end) at own expense. Family members and friends are discouraged from accompanying the recipient during the programme.
- The cost of the recipient's travel to Perth for the flight to Bali is not covered by this scholarship.
- The recipient must meet other living expenses above the daily allowance allocated as part of the scholarship.
Want to know more?
Contact Sue Cooper on
. Sue was the WILTA RTV recipient in 2007 and will be delighted to share her experiences with you.
Download the application form below and submit by 5pm Friday 8 July 2011
RTV Application Form to Bali 2012 (.doc)
Last Updated on Saturday, 23 April 2011 21:53
Contribute to Warta WILTA!
Are you teaching Indonesian? What have you been up to in your classroom lately? Share your ideas, activities and innovations with WILTA! We'd love to hear from you.
Contributions for Term One Warta WILTA are now open. Email the editor, Kellie, at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information or to enquire about advertising rates.
Balai Bahasa Indonesia Perth
The Balai Bahasa Indonesia Perth was established in 2008. WILTA is a proud supporter of BBIP.
Indonesian Film Festival
The 2013 Perth Indonesian Film Festival will be held on the 23-26 August. Further details will be released soon.
October 01-05 2012
32264 visits from 114 countries
| 35%||Unknown (11206)|
| 22%||Australia (7187)|
| 13%||United States (4262)|
| 8%||Indonesia (2461)|
| 6%||Russian Federation (2067)|
Asia Education Foundation